10 Simple tips to start over again and make your dreams a reality by Julie Furlong
A long, long time ago, when I still lived amongst the tedious landscape of corporate life, my ultimate vision was always to follow my life dream. (Read: Keep Dreaming). However, the security and safety that came with this life, along with fear, failure, ego and self-doubt, held me back year after year. I used excuses like “no time” which is really a bit of a non-excuse. There is always time if you want something bad enough to start over again, I just did not know (or want to know) that at the time.
Finally and thankfully, I experienced a sudden change in my corporate role, so I took the gap and finally made the punt to follow my gut and start over. Looking back on this experience, I have jotted down 10 very simple tips which would have been invaluable advice during that time. If you want your dreams to come true, it really doesn’t take that much to get started. With some planning, you too can make it happen, you owe it to yourself to give your dreams a go…
- Trust your intuition, don’t be motivated by money and listen to your inner voice.
- Don’t try and be something others want you to be. Be yourself, be genuine, be authentic, and maintain a good attitude. (Read: Like Me Or Not)
- Reach out to someone in your circle who you can trust. Ask for advice or tips - they will be flattered and provide a source of helpful pointers.
- Stay close to the figures, even when you know the money may be rolling in.
- Over-deliver on every project, this philosophy will always come back to you and will keep your customers delighted and loyal.
- Ensure your business has some form of uniqueness—what makes you stand out? (Read: Uniqueness)
- Have a vision and clarity for the future. Even though you may not know where all the pieces will fall, keep planning where you are going, not just where you are now.
- Make sure there is always a willingness to understand and connect with customers, and remember the little things do matter.
- Be able to detach yourself whenever you need to—understand that circumstances constantly change and that things rarely work out precisely as planned – so be prepared to be flexible.
- Surround yourself and employ good people you can trust. Good relationships and work environments are what ultimately make us happy, while increasing growth and productivity.
Remember you may fail a few times before a new venture works for you. Every time you fail, think of it as being one step closer to achievement. Lots of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them and start over. The true entrepreneur is a doer and, provided they keep believing, one day they will succeed. It’s entirely your responsibility to make your dreams come true.
Thank you for taking the time to read this inspirational blog about life. I hope this creative blog helps you to be inspired and live your dreams, developing some good life habits and positive thinking. The intention of this creative and light-hearted site is for you to live a better, happier life by developing your own emotional intelligence skills, based on my own life experiences. Please enjoy!